This information has been compiled by the Minecraft community on the Minecraft wiki. Please visit the Hardware Performance wiki page for the most up to date information.
A computer with the minimum requirements should be able to play Minecraft. However, for the best experience, please consider the recommended requirements.
- CPU : Intel P4/NetBurst Architecture or its AMD Equivalent (AMD K7)
- RAM : 2GB
- GPU : Intel GMA 950 or AMD Equivalent
- HDD : At least 90MB for Game Core and Sound Files
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 or up is required to be able to run the game.
- CPU : Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 (K8) 2.6 GHz
- RAM : 4GB
- GPU : GeForce 6xxx or ATI Radeon 9xxx and up with OpenGL 2 Support (Excluding Integrated Chipsets)
- HDD : 150MB
- Minecraft Release 1.2.5 or newer. Older versions will need to be updated to current versions
- Java (Java SE 6 Update 32 or Java SE 7 Update 4 or newer is preferred)
- Please note that some users experience issues playing Minecraft while using a mismatched version of Java for their operating system (32 or 64 bit), while using certain versions of Java 7, or while multiple versions of Java are installed
Information on system requirements for running a Minecraft server can be found on the Minecraft wiki.