Minecraft: Java Edition
Please note that your worlds and your saved worlds and inventory will be deleted when you remove the files. If you want to keep your progress, you need to locate the saves folder and save it on your computer before you drag the .minecraft folder to the trash. The saves folder can be found in the .minecraft folder. For more information about where your saves files are stored, please go to this article.
- Go to your Application Data Folder, %AppData%. To find it, press Win+R, type %appdata%\.minecraft, then click “OK”
- Drag the .minecraft folder to the trash
- Click the Finder icon in the Dock and open a Finder window
- Use the command (Shift+Command+G) to open the Go to Folder dialog and type ~/Library/Application Support/
- Drag the minecraft folder to the trash
- Open a terminal
- Enter this command: rm -vr ~/.minecraft/*
Minecraft on other platforms
The Minecraft application is uninstalled the same way as other applications on your device.
Usually done through your console’s settings. If you need help, please contact your console’s support team: (Put in contact info for XB,PS,Nin)
Minecraft for Windows 10
To uninstall Minecraft for Windows 10, press the search icon in the bottom left corner and search for Minecraft. Right-click on the icon and select uninstall.
Did you find this article helpful?