- All new Minecraft purchases are attached to a Mojang account.
- You have registered a Mojang account and log into account.mojang.com with your email address.
- After you make your purchase, you can select a Minecraft username and log into the game.
If you created a Minecraft account prior to November, 2012, the following may apply to you:
Mojang Account (migrated from Minecraft account)
- You have migrated your paid Minecraft account to a Mojang account.
- You use your email address to log into Minecraft and Mojang services.
- You no longer log into Minecraft and minecraft.net with a username.
Minecraft account - paid (formerly known as premium)
- You have purchased a copy of Minecraft from Minecraft.net.
- You use your Minecraft username to log into Minecraft services, and can access the full game.
- You can migrate to a Mojang account by visiting account.mojang.com/migrate.
Minecraft account - unpaid
- You have previously registered a Minecraft username, but did not purchase the game.
- You use your Minecraft username to log into Minecraft services, but are unable to use services other than demo mode.