- Minecraft username - This is the name of your Minecraft character that your account uses.
- Computer user account - This is the computer account that you log into when you start up your computer.
- Minecraft launcher profile - You can make Minecraft run with different settings or in different versions by using different profiles, accessible from the Minecraft launcher (before you press Play). By default, most users will have a single profile called "Latest Version", but you may set up any number of profiles.
Any operating system
You can have Minecraft create world saves and player data in a different location than the default. If you do, you will not see the worlds of others who use the same computer. To edit create a new launcher profile:
- Run Minecraft
- Click New Profile or Edit Profile
- Check the box next to Game Directory, then specify a different file path (for example, C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft to C:\Users\Marc\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft2)
- Click Save Profile
Besides changing the file path, you can also just create a different computer user account.
- Click the Start button, click or type Control Panel, go to User Accounts and Family Safety, and then press User Accounts.
- Click Manage another account. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation
- Choose Create a new account
- Type the name you want to give the user account, click an account type, and then click Create Account
- Do not use an exclamation mark or Minecraft will not run
For more information, please visit the Windows help site at windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account
To create a new computer user account on a Mac:
- In Users and Groups preferences, click Add (+) below the list of users
- Choose the type of user you want to create from the New Account pop-up menu
- Type the full name for the new user. An account name is generated automatically. To use a different account name, change it right away since you can’t change it later
- Enter a password for the user, then enter it again to verify. Using a password hint is recommended in case you’d ever forget your password
- Click Create User
For older OS versions, please see support.apple.com/kb/ph6651
To create a new computer user account on Linux:
- Open the terminal.
- Copy and paste: useradd -m -s /bin/bash Your_username
You need to be an administrator to create a new account. The procedure of adding new users to the computer can be different depending on the distribution and administration settings. Please refer to your operating system documentation for details on how to create a user profile.